Thursday, April 16, 2020

Celebrating Failure

1) This past semester, I have had a heavy load as far as classes are concerned. I have handled the majority of my classes well except for Business Finance. On the second exam, I had a really difficult time. I studied for days but could not seem to quite understand the material. No matter how much I studied, I got most of the practice questions wrong. Suffice to say, when the test came around, I did not do my best.

2) Even though I did not do well on that test, I did better than I would have if I did not study. After this, I learned that perseverance is and key, but no one is perfect. Mistakes do happen and no one can understand everything all the time. We all have limits, no matter how much work we put it. However, this should not stop us from putting in work to improve ourselves.

3) I think I handle failure well. As I said, no one is perfect so everyone is bound to make a mistake at some point. I don't beat myself up for failing. I simply 'get back on the horse' and try again. I believe that it is important to not let failure stop you from chasing after your goals and dreams. If everyone stopped chasing their goals every time they failed, then nothing would ever be accomplished. However, after taking this class, I am more willing to take risks because failure is just one step on the road to success. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica,
    I resonated with your blog post because this semester has been particularly difficult for me too. I agree with you whole-heartedly that perseverance is key and mistakes are simply a part of your success story. I don't handle failure well as I am extremely hard on myself, but it's good that you do! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica. Something that is very hard for students to understand is that not every class will be easy breezy, and while it may suck at the time and really affect our GPA, we cannot dwell on these experiences. It is important that you have come to terms with the fact that at least you studied, and put in the most effort that you could have, as that is something you can control that will take you places. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Veronica, I enjoyed reading the post! I definitely agree with what was posted! People tend to fail and beat themselves after without realizing we all some kind of limits. These limits are the bumps in life that prevents them on going to their stage in life. I definitely feel that this class has done a great way on dealing with my bumps to success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Veronica,
    Your post was something that I really agreed with. No matter how much we do something, it is the perseverance that is going to help us achieve success. Deciding to get back up and keep trying after failure is an amazing mindset to have. The moment you do not keep trying, you have lost, but when you keep trying you have already gained a step towards success.

    ReplyDelete