Wednesday, April 8, 2020

What's Next?


  1.  Existing Market
    1.      The next step in my venture, after developing the app that individuals can use, is to get the program to businesses. The most likely way to accomplish that is to sell my program to service providers.
    2. Customer 1:
           She likes my idea. She suggests that my next step be to sell to other businesses, such as ones who use phones that can't download apps.

      Customer 2:
           He thinks my idea has a lot of merit. He thinks my next step should be to customize my program. For example, instead of just blocking telemarketers and robocallers, the program could let people customize whom they block.

      Customer 3:
           Much like Customer 1, he thinks my next step should be to sell my program to businesses.
    3.      The most logical next step for me is to sell my program to other businesses. To go from selling to individuals to businesses is a logical and progressive step. However, it would require me to change the product. Now, instead of an app, I would have to sell the actual program to service providers to that businesses could access it.

           To go from individuals to selling to service providers would significantly alter my customer profile and affect the price at which I sell it. There would be a lot of logistics that I would have to iron out. However, I do think that is the best 'next step'.
  2.  New Market
    1.      Now, I will be in a B2B market selling to phone service providers.
    2.      This would create value for this market, because businesses would now be able to block the wasteful phone calls of telemarketers and robots. This saves them time and allows them to answer the phone calls of their actual paying customers.
    3. Customer 1: 36 year old business owner
           She really likes my idea and would certainly purchase it if given the option. She thinks that going through the business's service provider is the best way to accomplish this. It would make it easier for everyone involved, especially for businesses since there isn't much they would have to do in order to get the program.

      Customer 2: 55 year old business owner
           He also likes my product idea and wishes that it was something that already existed because he would certainly use it. He agrees with my plan and thinks the best course of action is to sell to the service provider so businesses can then purchase the program.
    4.      This new market is much larger and definitely more complex than my original market. However, I think it also offers more opportunity as well. My assumption that businesses would want this product does appear correct, because both interviewees would use it. After looking more deeply into this market, I do think that it is as attractive as my market. Although, I also think this market is probably less simple than my last market.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey Veronica! I feel the same way. I had to change my product when going from B2B TO B2C. Even though yours was from B2C to B2B, I found it interesting that we both had to tailor our product. Switching to businesses will totally expand your network and connections and allow for you to have ample growth in your business. It may be more complex, but I think it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica,
    Great job on your interviews. Although I didn't necessarily have to change my product, I definitely thought about it in moments of self doubt. I'm glad you figured out a way to make your idea work, because I feel it has some serious potential. Keep up the great work, and keep networking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Veronica!
    Great job writing up the post! This post really did make me rethink about the future about my company like it kinda made you think of the futures. It also looks like you kinda have a good idea on what is coming next in your venture by the interviews! Hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete