Sunday, April 19, 2020

Final Reflection


  1. After reviewing all of the assignments from this semester, I think my most formative experience was the elevator pitch. I have always disliked giving speeches, especially in front of people. However, having the ability to record myself from the comfort of my home and redo the pitch as many times as needed made it a much more bearable experience. It was also an incredibly helpful experience because practice makes perfect! One of the most enjoyable experiences for me was the exercise on figuring out buyer behavior. I loved getting into the mind of the buyer. It provided very valuable knowledge and insight into my product and into any future ideas.
  2. Now that I have reflection on my experiences this semester, I do believe I have developed an entrepreneurial mindset. I find it easier to identify problems that don't have solutions and to create a solution to said problem. I also see myself as more of an entrepreneur. I mostly think this is because I have essentially gone through the steps of creating a business. I have put a lot of work into a product and followed it step by step. This, more than anything, is what makes me see myself as a entrepreneur.
  3. For future students joining ENT 3003, I would recommend that they plan. Planning is key to success in this course. It is important to keep track of your assignments and due dates. It is also incredibly important to look ahead. Some assignments require more forethought than others and doing the assignment the day of does not leave you with enough time. It can also be easy to lose track of assignments. I suggest keeping track of them on a calendar. However, I also recommend that they take the tie to really enjoy this class and foster a genuine business idea. 

Woman runner cross the finish line cartoon style Vector Image

2 comments:

  1. Hello Veroncia! I completely agree with you comment about fostering a genuine business idea. One of my pieces of advice to future ENT3003 student is to use this class as a great opportunity to build a business idea and flesh it out repeatedly. I also agree that the elevator pitch is a formative experience. I found it to be especially formative because I am not in favor of public speaking. It definitely helped me overcome my fear. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica,
    I could not agree more when you said it is important to foster a good business idea. I think that is one thing that really sets you and I apart. Your idea, in my opinion, has a need in society and is innovative. I was never truly passionate about my idea and I feel that was portrayed in my work. I agree with you that the elevator pitch was out of my comfort zone! Great job this semester! Stay healthy and enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete