Thursday, March 26, 2020

Growing Your Social Capital


  1. I first contacted Josh L. He is the Senior Mobile App Developer at Core Mobile Apps. Core Mobile Apps is a company, located in many regions in Florida, that specializes in mobile app development, search engine optimization, and web design. Josh fulfills the slot of 'domain expert'. I found him through a basic Google search of app developers in Florida and contacted him through the company's website. Ideally, my exchange with him will give me more knowledge and background information on what I will need in order to develop the app required for my product. Including Josh in my network could be incredibly helpful, especially down the road if I do plan to take this a step further.
  2. I next contacted Brad Rose at Rose Research. Rose Research is a market research company that conducts global market research as well as B2B market research. Brad Rose has conducted both quantitative and qualitative research at Rose Research for the past 20 years and fulfills the 'market expert' slot. I found him through a Google search that recommended Rose Research and contacted him through the website. Brad Rose could provide very insightful and helpful information regarding the uses and perhaps even the popularity of the product I am offering. Having Brad in my network would certainly provide me with quality information and the ability to further understand my market.
  3. Finally, I contacted Olivier at Goverlan Reach. Goverlan Reach is a B2B company that offers remote IT support, systems management, IT management, and manage service providers. Goverlan Reach helps businesses by saving them time and working efficiently. Olivier fulfills the 'supplier' slot. I also found him through a Google search and contacted him though the website. Olivier could provide insight on selling a product from one business to another. Having him in my network could be very beneficial and allow me to understand the nuances of selling B2B. 

Reflect: This exercise has helped me develop 'networking' skills. Networking can be incredibly challenging, but with experience it can become a much less daunting task. This exercise was a good first step towards building my network. This experience was different from my past networking experiences because those were all face to face and not online.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica! All of these experts seem like great connections to have, especially if you decide to take this business idea further than this class. I find it interesting how we both relied on google to find our experts. It is great how we had to network in this specific way because it kept us away from leaning towards possible experts we know.I suggest that maybe you include the measure of contact you used. Was it through a contact page on their website, email, or direct message on social media?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Veronica. While I was happy to see the new connections I made in terms of my entrepreneurial experience, your connections seem remarkable. It is especially hard to network since these are people you have never met before, yet you made it seem easy. I agree with you that the best way to get better at networking is getting out of your comfort zone and, well, networking. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Veronica, You did a really thorough job getting information from these experts. They all seem like very good connections to have that could help you with your goal. This assignment has helped me realize the important of networking, something I definitely didn't find important before. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Veronica,
    Great job networking with these experts! It seems like you received some valuable information from them and this can continue to happen. I totally agree with you about leaving your comfort zone in order to network in the best way. Networking has taught me that if you know people opportunities and more industry knowledge will come with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Veronica!
    I really enjoyed reading your post, you did a great job of tracking down useful people to fill your network and expand the viability of your product. We both had the same idea for our supplier expert, in that our products require IT input to function properly, and therefore contacting an expert in this field became a necessity for us both. Well done!

    ReplyDelete