Thursday, March 26, 2020

Idea Napkin No. 2

  1. You
    My name is Veronica Rosenbaum, and I am a business major at the University of Florida. My parents are entrepreneurs and have owned several businesses throughout the years. Because of this, I have grown up working with my family and learning a lot about the elements of business and customer service. As a result of my experience, I am adept at solving problems quickly and efficiently.
  2. What are you offering to customers?
    I am offering customers a program that blocks unwanted and bothersome calls from telemarketers and robocallers. My program gives my customers the ability to stop relentless robocalls that use up precious time, especially for businesses or people who use their phones to conduct business. 
  3. Who are you offering it to?
    I am offering this program to individuals and businesses. Anyone who uses a phone that receives robocalls or telemarketer calls is a potential customer. If an individual uses this program, they can download it in the form of an app onto their smartphone. However, if a business uses this program, they can use it through their service provider.
  4. Why do they care?
    My potential customers care because, depending on how many of these calls they receive, the calls can quickly become irksome and inconvenient. This particularly occurs when it is a business who receives these calls. If they receive too many, it can begin to impede their ability to answer the calls of their customers.
  5. What are your core competencies?
    One of my core competencies is my ability to problem solve. After watching my parents over the years solve problems on the fly, I have learned how to do the same. I am also flexible and can adapt easily to any situation. 
I do think these elements fit together nicely. It is important to be able to problem-solve and be flexible and adaptable when starting a business.

Feedback: I did not receive any critical feedback on my first idea napkin. The feedback I had received was all positive, but still very much appreciated. However, I did alter my idea napkin to be a specific as possible. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica! I completely agree with the idea that being flexible and adaptable is important in an entrepreneur. I really liked how you formatted this post, it made it very easy for me to find what was needed in the assignment. I suggest that you go into more detail about the individuals who would need this. I understand that businesses may need this, but what individuals in particular. Salesmen? What type of sales people? What do they sell? Overall, your post was great, I just think you should provide more examples on what type of jobs individuals have that are more likely to be on the phone all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Veronica. Like you, I altered my new Idea Napkin by making it a bit more specific than the previous assignment. Also, similar to you, I learn a lot from my family, and while neither of my parents were entrepreneurs, they still taught me many valuable lessons when it comes to business and entrepreneurial related activities. This is an awesome post and gives me a clear view of your idea. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veronica,
    First of all, your idea napkin is thorough and very easy to navigate which I appreciate. I love your idea, and it is definitely something I would use. I appreciate seeing you grow your idea, but have you considered how this would be implemented? It would be fantastic if it worked but how would your system block out all spam callers? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Veronica, I really enjoyed reading your post! Reading your idea napkin was very feasible to understand what exactly your product was trying to do to the customers. Not only did you mention what exactly the customers were going to receive, but who the general audience was going to be during the business planning. Your napkin seems great and I wish you the best if you decide to proceed with this idea in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Veronica,
    It seems like your revision to your idea has really improved the overall outlook of your creation and plan. Your napkin goes into great detail about the product and who will gain the most from it, this is great because you have a solid idea with a set target market, the first two steps when drawing up a business model. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete