Thursday, February 27, 2020

Halfway Reflection

  1. In order to keep up in this course, I have had to focus on and develop my organizational skills. When keeping up with the various assignments and cupcakes, it is important to ensure that each part of the assignment is submitted, otherwise you can easily lose precious points. I have also had to work on my problem-solving and critical thinking skills through the various assignments that require such skills. Communication is also very important in this class. It is important to be able to communicate your ideas both written and oral.
  2. A few weeks ago, I had 3 exams within the span of a few days. I toggled between studying for those exams and completing assignments for my classes. At that point, I became incredibly stressed, unsure which of my classes to focus on. I also fell behind on a couple of my lectures which made it difficult to complete my assignments. It was a very trying week, but instead of giving up, I just worked twice as hard to study and finish my assignments. I do think I have developed a more tenacious attitude in the past couple months.
  3. The first suggestion I would make to a student for next semester is to stay organized. I recommend using a calendar to keep track of assignments and due dates as well as lectures. For me, organization has been key to keeping up in this course. My second suggestion is to look at the assignments ahead of time because many of them require forethought. For example, the assignments that require interview, reading, or video pitches. Oftentimes, you can not wait till the last minute to complete an assignment. My third and final suggestion is to just keep working no matter how stressed you become, because in the long run, you will be better for it.
Image result for image of studying

5 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica! I agree that organizational skills are very important to obtain in this course. I find it very helpful to write down all the due dates in my agenda that I check each day. I suggest that when you have a ton of exams like you did just recently, that you try to plan out doing the assignments for this course ahead of time. One thing I really like is that the assignments are not super time consuming and not that strenuous so it allows me to really focus in on the courses that are much harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica! I also noticed that this course requires us to be very organized. One slip up will cause you to miss out on three assignments! Additionally, I think we’ve all experienced having so many deadlines and exams within a small period of time. This can get very hectic so I imagine organization also plays a big role in these types of situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veronica, this course for sure requires to be organized with the amount of assignments to keep track of. I keep a calendar that has every assignments due dates and in the beginning of that week I get sent a reminder to get started on them to be prepared to submit by deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Veronica! Loved reading what you had to say for next semester students! I believe you are correct with all you said as organization is key to making sure that you have everything completed before people go and have fun! Also making sure you have the right mindset in not giving up is also a key to keep achieving great things at UF but also in life as a whole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veronica, You and I wrote about similar strategies. I also mentioned how important it is to stay organized so you do not fall behind in this course. If someone is unaware of the assignments coming up, they are more likely to miss assignments which can quickly negatively affect your grade. Good post

    ReplyDelete