Friday, February 7, 2020

Solving the Problem


     My opportunity is blocking calls received from telemarketers and robots. These calls are a nuisance, and when someone receives too many, can also use up precious time. In regards to businesses, it can hinder a business's ability to answer their customers in a timely manner because they are too busy dealing with telemarketers.

     The solution I am offering is to create a program that blocks calls from fake numbers. For smartphones, this could be in the form of an app that uses an algorithm to block these calls. For business phone lines, it could be provided through the service carrier. They could have a program in their system that blocks your phone number from being called. Another option is to have both personal smartphones and business lines use the program through their carrier. This would make it much simpler for the customer to use/have the product because there is no work on their part.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica,
    I share this opportunity with you. I get about 5-6 spam calls every single day. It's gotten so bad that I just don't even answer numbers I don't recognize anymore. Your solution sounds great and sounds like something I would definitely be interested in. However, I do wish there was already a system to block these spam calls that was put in place by our carrier. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Veronica!
    Great work again, your posts are insightful and deal with problems the average person faces rather than stuff that is extremely niche, which I really like seeing as it makes me feel vindicated in my struggles. To add to your discussion of automated cellphone calls, I would say that I find myself frequently avoiding picking up an unknown number for fear of a scam call, only for the call to be from someone legitimate, like a property manager calling to inform me about an upcoming lease. Thus, I would be ecstatic if there were a product that filtered out these bad calls automatically. Incredible stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Veronica.
    Your solution to this problem that everyone has, sounds great. very interesting take on how to stop this nonsense of random spam callers, attacking our phones on a daily basis. This is a wonderful idea because I at least haven't heard of a system where these callers can be blocked.

    ReplyDelete